October 2, 2017

Portrait of a Quilt

Portrait of a fibre enthusiast. 
I almost love the backside the most. My wonky workmanship really sings in this shot. 

While on the honeymoon homestretch, Iain noticed my hyper focus shift to the last GD block on my small rookie quilt. A wise woman once told me to keep the first of every experiment and this hand stitched quilt was quite the experiment for yours truly. This one's for me. I will make more for the people! I began this quilt in April, on a grey Mental Health day at home. Free to play around with the stack of recently dyed and printed fabric I had kicking around. The white blocks were leftover fabric from a very soft duvet I had thrifted for another purpose many moons before then. I have started on a new quilt for a new babe in my life (still percolating away in a lovely woman I know) which will be triangles of blue moons and the like. Stay tuned.

Margot's back!


Photo thanks to Beetle IDP
MB / Ontario border; September 2017
Kiev 60 / Portra 400

1 comment: