November 6, 2015

General Store blues

Soft focus general store of wonders. Should have shot more on color film and less with my eyeballs. Tongue wagging historical beauty in Sherbrooke, Nova Scotia. July 2015.
Excited to the bone. Iain tolerated my Christmas-morning-like hysterics with impressive grace as we prepared to enter this heritage village in Sherbrooke, Nova Scotia. I knew I picked the right guy after this day.
Impressive bedroom geraniums in funny Victorian house museum at Sherbrooke Village in Nova Scotia. Who tended those fairweather wonders I wonder? Beautiful chair, soft focus, incorrect exposure. It goes.
I love this ding-dong so terribly. Speaking of terrible, terribly interesting choice of DOF here Madge. Gros Morne National Park, Newfoundland.
Fierce competitors / Content companions. Gros Morne National Park, Newfoundland.
Wet campers play Scrabble and drink rye and many an Oland Export and get drunk at 2 in the afternoon. Gros Morne National Park, Newfoundland.
Beautiful creature enjoying the boardwalk in the oceanside town of Trout River, Newfoundland.
We hiked a many trail. I cursed as he led and I followed with camera. He laughed as I cursed as I led. Gros Morne National Park, Newfoundland.
Cape Breton Island cruisin' taking in the endless grey and sharp rocks from pretty pull-over spots. Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia; July 2015.
My expression is misleading. I am thrilled to sit upon a rock at the mouth of the Bay of Fundy in New Brunswick with my sweetheart, I swear. Olympus Sport self timer edition. July 2015.
Montreal; summer in the city in a nutshell. July 2015

Let's go back to those slow afternoons of endless driving through impressive landscapes and long lunches of cold meats, crackers and icy cool Oland Exports, listening to The Band in the truck and wearing backward caps with tanned feet up on the dash and pulling over and doing it in bushes and other funny places whenever we felt like it. Okay, good idea. Yes, let's.

All shot on my trusty old Olympus SP partycam of choice. Gotta love that self timer option! Crappy unmentionable color film and Delta 400 thrown in just for fun.

Dear Nova Scotia, I love you so much and I will be back. I have a feeling it will be sooner than I think. Suzette is calling my name from her attic darkroom. I have my sights set on Ambrotype. That is all there is to it.

Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment