August 4, 2015

Suzette's Portrait Studio

Have a seat and be still in the light; July 2015.
While Suzette worked her Ambrotype magic in the darkroom, Iain and I horsed around in her upstairs photography studio while on vacation in Sherbrooke, Nova Scotia. These photos are equally funny and special to me. I can see all I need to know in the portrait I shot of Iain: humour, love, ease. In the portrait he shot of me, I can see inspiration building up under that top hat; one hundred ideas and emotions ready to take off like a shot. I'm so grateful he gets me for me.

Kiev 60 / Delta 400 processed at home

This is the one for me. There is no one else I'd rather have humour me than him.
I preferred the men's hat selection to the ladies'. Photo thanks to Iain P.

3 comments:

  1. so great. Are these 100 years old?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are 100 year olds at heart. You should have seen Suzette's 100 year old 8x10 box camera. I just about leapt out the window when I first saw it. Kicking myself now I didn't take a photo of it on every camera. I did shoot a portrait of Suzette with her marvelous camera but it never made it onto the roll. Lottery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes! so great! you look like virgina woolf to me here.

    ReplyDelete