September 21, 2014

Equinox / Mabon



Seeking balance this equinox. The coming year is going to be a doozy, I can feel it building from underneath my feet. Quiet rumblings. This galloping horse is showing no signs of slowing, so I must jump or duck my head before he runs us straight into the barn's lintel and we all lose our heads. This found image struck me just so the other day. I saved it to use for a future illustration or stencil work but seeing as it so suits the quote below, I will let it lie. For now. I can easily picture this delicately carved out, those beautiful cheeks hanging on speckled muslin. Mmm mm, in good time. Photographer and source sadly unknown :/ Je m'excuse.

This Sunday is for carving out a new work for one of Winnipeg's many upcoming Nuit Blanche openings. 'Catharsis', a collective installation of TRUTH based mirror art is to be hosted by the brazen women behind Winnipeg's handcrafted Rip / Torn magazine: Tash and Gabrielle. They will be debuting their third quarterly R / T zine that night as well, get it while its hot. Showing this coming Saturday night, September 27th at the Rudolf Rocker. Climb up all those stairs and experience the house of mirrors for yourselves. Children are very welcome to explore also. Proud to work towards a collective exhibition alongside many talented artists from around this city. I am working in a new style of stencil and the process is exciting. Feels good to be on to something.



AUTUMN. You damn beauty, I love you so. Jackets and little shoes and bare ankles and felt hats and strategic wool wool wool. I am in need of a good seasonal howl at the moon. Get me out of this city, universe.

___
???
/////

Keep some of your attention within. Don’t let it all flow out. Feel your whole body from within, as a single field of energy. It is almost as if you were listening or reading with your whole body. Let this be your practice in the days and weeks to come...

Do not give all your attention away to the mind and the external world. By all means focus on what you are doing, but feel the inner body at the same time whenever possible. Stay rooted within.

                                                                                                                   - Eckhart Tolle

No comments:

Post a Comment