December 4, 2012

Ode to Arbus

Pages pulled from books lay underfoot at home. Mon dieu! This blue portrait studio stopped me short while whipping through the stacks looking for something just a minute ago. I decided to scan the image and share the wealth. Looking looking looking for ________ these days. For what? A thread of ingenuity/ clever direction? Looking for new ideas. While the whir of the light table is a quiet reminder of work left wanting, the warm light in the main room at home is too good to leave. I should just drag the stencil out here and be done with it.

November crept out like a dog in the night. Adieu! December, I find you all long dark and bright light. No complaints there. It was nice to spend a day at home today. Doing whatever whenever, moving around the house, turning the potted plants just as they got comfortable in the warmth of high noon. Grow!

I completed none of the projects on my list except for a quick visit to Martha Street Studio. Handing over the Hotdog Teens stencil to Suzie for submission left me feeling free as can be. Details regarding the upcoming Manitoba Printmakers Association member show to come. Looking forward to seeing those familiar stenciled faces hanging by pins on gallery walls.

1 comment: